I’m Lisa Russo and I currently live in Roanoke, Texas with my wonderful husband Vic, kids Aidan (14) and Ava (8) and my gassy/snoring/sleepy/adorable bulldog sidekick Lulu.
I could write about picking up a camera as a teenager, knowing what I wanted to do with my life…but that would be hooey. Truth: I grew up riding horses in rodeos (no lie!) and spent
all most of my spare time dreaming about Duran Duran. My passion for photography began when my dear husband Vic decided I NEEDED A HOBBY back in the early 90s (I had a rather dry job, you see…). He bought me a cute little Minolta. I loved it, took a bunch of classes, taught classes…and so on…
I spent most of the ’00s working in the scrapbooking industry before opening a photography studio in Atlanta specializing in adorable babies and children. And YES, they were ALL adorable, even when they pooped on me (often). We’ve moved 5 times in 14 years (New York • Atlanta • Chicago • Atlanta again • Erie, Pennsylvania • DFW Texas), which led me to return to my original love of fine art. You can read more about that decision here.
I’m chatty, so you’ll find I write about anything and everything that interests me and my family. Cooking, reading, exercise, rugby, baseball, bulldogs, soccer…you name it!
Where I’ve been:
• Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame 2003: Still talk every day with some of my ’03 friends.
• 2Peas in a Bucket Garden Girl: Best “job” ever. Made so many friends, so many memories.
• Autumn Leaves: Designer for their ‘Designing With…’ idea books and calendars.
• Hero Arts: Contributing designer, and you might have met me at a CKU or two. Love this company!
• Lisa Russo Photography: My portrait work. Babies!